Universities in Bengkulu, Indonesia

Bengkulu is a city located in the province of Bengkulu on the southwest coast of the island of Sumatra. It is a small town but full of history and culture. There are four universities in the city, out of which two can be an excellent option for higher studies because of their excellent education quality.

Why choose to study in Bengkulu?

The top university in the city is the University of Bengkulu, established in 1982. It is a public university that offers more than 40 study programs taught in English and other languages ​​in its eight faculties. With 40 years of experience, the institute provides excellent study education facilities with courses officially recognised by the Minister of Education. It is ranked 49th in Indonesia in the Webometrics Ranking Web of Universities.

The next best option for your study in this city could be the Muhammadiyah University of Bengkulu. It is ranked 138th in the country in the Webometrics ranking web of universities. Established in 1991, it is a private higher education institution, and it has eight faculties that conduct education in several fields, including language and religion. The university also provides campus housing, financial aid, sports, and other facilities to its students.

Eligibility Criteria

To pursue your higher studies in Indonesia as an international student, you need to obtain an Indonesia Student Visa. However, the student visa here includes several permits and visas such as a study permit, an entry visa known as VITAS, a temporary residence permit called KITAS that you will apply for once you arrive in the country, and finally, a police registration card. Documents like passport, passport size photographs, acceptance letter from the university, records of sufficient funds, past education records, etc., must be submitted multiple times at each stage of obtaining the Student Visa.

Another study requirement is a language proficiency certificate. Suppose you are not a UK or EU student. In that case, you need to submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) certificate with qualifying marks to take admission to these universities.

Leave a Comment