Universities in Chuncheon-si, South Korea

Chuncheon-si, the capital city of Gangwon Province, holds a great reputation as one of South Korea’s fast-developing cities with a strong education culture and stable economic system. It is popular for its internationally-recognized universities and colleges, providing the best quality education to its scholars and researchers. Students seeking to develop a successful career should consider Chuncheon-si for higher education.

Why Study in Chuncheon-si, South Korea?

Chuncheon-si has three top-ranking universities, providing more than 70 study programs in Literature, Arts, Music, Science, Engineering, Technology, Business, and Commerce. The full-term programs are for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD. The short-term programs cover certification courses vocational training courses. The exchange programs are for international students, allowing them to study freely in Chuncheon-si.

The Chuncheon National University of Education is the best in Chuncheon-si, providing the best opportunities to global talent to prepare them for the fast-changing educational system. The Hallym Polytechnic University and the Hallym University are the other two prestigious universities in Chuncheon-si, adapting future-oriented educational strategies for shaping the careers of fresh graduates.

Education fees in Chuncheon-si are affordable, around USD 6,000 per year, depending on the course type. Students can also apply for Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) and enjoy a tuition fees waiver. Overall, healthy living ambience and affordable living expenses make Chuncheon-Si an ideal study destination.


Most universities in Chuncheon-si conduct a selection process based on the applicant’s academic merits. Applicants need to submit applications online.

Eligible students need to submit supporting documents such as financial, medical, residency proof, and passport details to the university. International students applying for Korean-taught courses should get TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) Certification. International students applying for English-taught courses should get the TOEFL or IELTS scores.

International students must contact the South Korean Embassy to apply for a residency permit for studying in South Korea. 

Leave a Comment