Universities in Cologne, Germany

Cologne, the fourth largest city in Germany, is one of the most beautiful metropolises and a hub for learning, diverse culture, and architecture. Backed with 2000 years of history, the universities in Cologne offer exceptional academic and social experience.

Why Study at Universities in Cologne, Germany?

Cologne is a preferred destination for higher studies among international students due to its affordable cost-of-living, broad choice of universities, and the city experience. Education in Germany is free, and public universities do not require tuition fees. A sum of around 300 euros per semester is needed to be paid for the bureaucratic requirements that include tickets for public transport.

Like other areas of Germany, the universities in Cologne are also known for their excellent standard of education and academic expertise. Most universities in the city offer courses in English, which is another reason why international students prefer Cologne. The University of Cologne, one of the oldest European universities, is situated in this city. The other renowned universities include Köln University of Applied Sciences (Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln), German Sport University Cologne, and Cologne University of Applied Sciences (TH Köln).

Eligibility Criteria

The qualifying exams vary from university to university and types of programmes. Students typically need to pass a language test and an aptitude test to secure admission into their choice of university in Cologne. The most common tests required by the universities are Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and Test of English Language as Foreign Language (TOEFL).

To apply at the universities in Cologne, students must provide proof of entrance exams like GRE, GMAT, and language proficiency tests like TOEFL, a copy of their passport, academic transcripts and the certificate of previously completed degree, letter of recommendation, resume, and a statement of purpose. Once the students are enrolled and accepted at a university, they can apply for a Type D/Residence Permit visa.

Leave a Comment