Universities in Georgetown, Guyana

Georgetown, the capital city of Guyana, is hosting specialised education courses across its world-renowned universities, graduate schools, and private colleges. Georgetown is offering high-paying career opportunities to fresh graduates with a stable economy. Here students from Asia, Europe, and America become a part of Guyana’s diverse and dynamic study culture while engaging themselves in gaining career-centric academic experience.

Why Study in Georgetown, Guyana?

The higher education system of Georgetown is represented by nine state universities and public universities, hosting more than 65 graduate programs, exchange programs, and specialised courses.

Georgetown American University is the best of all, encouraging its researchers and scholars in innovation and research activities. It’s best for Doctoral or PhD applicants. Students looking for medical schools can choose Georgetown University School of Medicine, providing world-class facilities and practical training. 

Arts & literature applicants can choose either the University of Guyana or the Queen’s College, Guyana. The Texila American University Guyana and the American International School Of Medicine are best for international applicants.

The average tuition fee for graduation in Georgetown is USD 2500 per year, and living expenses are around USD 1200 per year. Students seeking financial help can apply for Ministry of Public Services Scholarships, GoG Scholarships, and the Government of Guyana Scholarships. Fresh graduates can attend orientation programs to seek permanent employment in Guyana. 

Eligibility Criteria

Applicants can choose any study program and apply online—students with an average GPA between 3.89 and 4.0 stand higher chances to get selected.

Documents such as previous academic records, nationality proof, date of birth proof, finance support certificate, passport details, and medical certificate are mandatory to submit.

The primary medium of study in Georgetown is English. International students must produce IELTS or TOEFL marks as proof of English Language Proficiency.

International students must raise a “Residency Permit” based on the duration of the study. Students must submit long-term visa requests if staying for longer than two months.

The application process in most universities starts in December and ends by April.

Leave a Comment