Universities in Helsinki, Finland

Finland, officially the happiest country in the world, is home to some of the highest-ranked universities in the world. Finland is renowned worldwide for its innovative education models, attracting students from all over the globe. Located in the southern part of the country is Finland’s capital and largest city, i.e. Helsinki. It is the country’s foremost educational, cultural, financial, and technological centre and is home to two major research universities and several institutes of higher learning. These include the University of  Helsinki, the Aalto University, etc. 

What makes Helsinki a Centre of Higher Education?

Helsinki is a major study abroad destination in the world. More than 10% of its students are international students. The rich diversity of students, unique pedagogy techniques, learning methodologies, pioneering research and academia-industry linkages make it one of the most student-friendly destinations in the world. Moreover, it is comparatively affordable than the rest of European countries. The University of Helsinki, the oldest in Finland, has been ranked among the Top 100 universities globally by the QS World University ranking. The students can choose from a wide spectrum of subjects, including engineering, medicine, law, Nordic studies, management, etc. The graduates from the university have to its credit, a considerably higher employability rate.

Eligibility Criteria

The students seeking admission to the universities in Helsinki can apply either through the centralised admission service University Admission Finland (UAF) or directly through the official channels of the university. Though the country’s official languages are Swedish and Finnish, the courses are available in the English language as well. The students need to submit the duly filled application form along with the self-attested copies of academic transcripts of the previous years, a letter of recommendation from two different academic persons, a statement of purpose, a comprehensive resume and a passport. The students need to submit their bands in exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc., for the courses taught in English.

Leave a Comment