Universities in Hwaseong, South Korea

Hwaseong is the fourth largest city in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. In recent years the city has developed rapidly in many aspects. Hwaseong has several notable universities, including The University of Suwon, Hyupsung University, Suwon Catholic University, and Shingyeong University. These universities offer the best academic and non-academic facilities in Hwaseong.

Why Choose to study in Hwaseong?

As an international student, you can avail various South Korean student scholarships and study in these universities at a very affordable cost. The universities here also offer many international exchange programs where international students can study in Hwaseong for a short duration.

The University of Suwon is a private university established in 1977. It is the top university in Hwaseong and the 71st in South Korea that offers various educational programs officially recognised by the government of South Korea. With over 40 years of experience, this university has gained a tremendous academic reputation among domestic and international students.

Among its various colleges, there is an international college of the University of Suwon that offers courses in multiple languages ​​, including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Italian, etc. The university also has some subsidiary institutions, such as the Korean Language Institute, the Center for Lifelong Learning, and Suwon Science College’s sister university.

Eligibility Criteria

There are three requirements an international student must meet to be eligible to study at Hwaseong Universities. They are mentioned below:

1. Korean Student Visa – Any international student who wishes to study in Hwaseong must apply for a Korean student visa by submitting the following documents :

  1. A filled visa application form
  2. A valid passport
  3. Passport size photographs
  4. Proof of funds
  5. Previous education certificates
  6. Letter of acceptance from the university etc.

2. Language Test – An international student has to take a language test called the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) and secure qualifying marks to study here.

3. Entrance Exam – It is not the same in all universities. Some universities conduct entrance exams or interviews, making a student eligible to study in those universities.

Leave a Comment