Universities in Malang, Indonesia

Malang is the second-most populous city in the province of East Java, Indonesia, and the town has a great academic reputation in Indonesia. It has about 20 higher education institutions, some of which fall in the top ten universities in the country. The city’s rich history and culture and its mild climate make it a suitable education destination for international students.

Why Choose to Study in Malang?

Malang has many around 11 universities providing quality education. One of the most prestigious universities in the city is Bravijaya University. Established in 1963, it has four campuses located in Malang, Dieng, Kediri, and Jakarta. With more than 15 faculties and 220 departments, this public university is steadily increasing the quality of its education. 

There are various government and non-government scholarships provided by UB- Brawijaya University for its outstanding students. Sports and arts facilities, canteen and cafeterias, accommodation, medical facilities, students activity units, international student exchange program, libraries, etc., are some of the other students’ facilities provided by UB. According to the QS World University Rankings, the university is the 8th best university in the country and the 1001st best globally.

Another best state university in the city is the State University of Malang. It was established in 1954, and with more than 60 years of experience, it is one of the oldest universities in Indonesia. It has about ten faculties that offer 120 study programs with excellent teaching techniques. The university has three campuses, out of which two are located in Malang and 1 in East Java. The university offers excellent student facilities such as laboratories, studios, workshops, research centres, international student exchange programs, digital classes, etc.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible at Malang Universities, you will need an Indonesian student visa which includes a study permit, VITAS, KITAS, and Certificate of Registration for Temporary Residence. You will get the study permit from the university, then apply for VITAS at an Indonesian Embassy, change the VITAS to KITAS at the Department of Immigration, and finally obtain the Certificate of Registration for Temporary Residence from the population office of the local municipality.

In addition, you will also need a language certificate from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) to prove your language proficiency.

Leave a Comment